Hi, I am Cristina, a journalist passioned about interior design and the world of colours.

Friday 26 August 2016

Exclusive: The colours of Santorini - Photo Gallery

The Greek island of Santorini is one of the most famous in the world and I'm sure it doesn't need any presentation. When I think about Santorini, I can see before my eyes the white and blue little houses on the edge of the cliffs, a clear blue sky and lots of pink bougainvillea flowers. And, of course, I can feel the heat on my skin. That's why the houses there are painted in white and have quite small windows - so that they keep the high temperatures out. I am a fan of beautiful and lush gardens with lots of trees, which are not too often to see on this island, but even without them, it's still such an incredible place.


 If you ever have the chance to visit it, don't hesitate to do it, but it would be better to avoid the months of July and August, because they are really, really hot. The towns of Oia and Fira are stunning - they are the ones on the edge of the cliffs - and the view from there is unique, but the other side of the island has sandy beaches and a bit more vegetation and if you hire a car, you can easily visit the entire island.



Here are some of the nicest places I found in Santorini. You can notice the white-blue-pink colour scheme, which made the place so famous. If you want to recreate the Santorini feeling in your home, use a lot of white on the walls, bring white furniture, blue or turquoise accessories or furniture pieces and lots of pink flowers. Don't forget about the paintings or pictures depicting the island!















No comments:

Post a Comment

Social

Find us on Facebook and Pinterest

Total Pageviews

Translate

Contact us

Name

Email *

Message *